Sunday, February 8, 2009

my pact with a thunderstorm

a hot, balmy afternoon
craves the cool touch of its lover, the rain

a thunderous sound, flashes of lightening
excitement grows, its here

deep dark passionate clouds clasp me
you are the centre of this growing thunderous wonder

a furious wind tosses my hair in my face
how could you?

I look perplexed...
I wanted you

I gave the storm a lock of golden hair
it was mine to give

I wanted to feel you
the luxury of your skin against mine

as the storm greedily hid the golden curl behind its dark veil of clouds
I turn and run into the luxury of the rain

its cool intrepid fingers, tease and touch
bathing my glistening happy skin

I surrender to its wishes and turn my face upward
my skin, my eyes, my lips...wet

I feel you
the wind softens as it sees my joy

it remembers what it once was like
to feel the surge of deep music of a thunderstorm

I sit forever in this place, feeling you
this afternoon's storm surges madly through my veins

3 comments:

jtrue said...

"the luxury of your skin against mine". priceless! You always rock out the verbage you know that? Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

the book... the pending book. i am reaching a point of being shy of putting my work next to yours. this is excellent. one of your best!

Leslie said...

Thanks James and Claire ;-).

Claire bear, I am the one who should be shy...your writing has inspired me...you won't even begin to understand!