Tuesday, November 11, 2008

antique memories

this antique room
engulfs me
possesively

this intimate scent of
rare, antique books
aching for discovery

scattered pages
yellowing and torn
a lost chapter found

intimate mementos aged
caught between two volumes
a sea of silent words floating

this wine stained oak floor
where you lay my head tenderly
searching my eyes

you asked me silently
with the greatest intensity
if this was real

the day I searched for my lost earing
you said "I miss you already"
I hadn't even left

in this room
with its faded meloncholic walls
and creeping hairline cracks

this antique room
a sacred rarity
preserves lost treasures

this room, filled with curiositites
collections containing the greatest value
records an untimely death

2 comments:

Chris said...

How vivid. I feel like I'm there in that room, seeing what you're seeing. Thanks for taking me on a little trip into another world :)

Unknown said...

i'm in the moment with you. i know that death. it came for me today.