Saturday, May 30, 2009

yesterday again

I slow down
my foot on the brake
bringing me to a halt
it's red
a stillness engulfs my world
tender soothing splashes of rain
against my windscreen
i've turned my wipers off
to listen
for the silence
waiting
tiny beads of glass
pooling into tiny streams
glistening
my world disappears beyond these drops
a blur of movement respecting my space
a breath escapes my lips
peace

yesterday again
when time stood still

3 comments:

in another lifetime said...

The car coming to a stop in the rain, then listening and feeling small but ok....I recognize this moment, have experienced it many times. You explain it perfectly Leslie.

Unknown said...

The image of you doing this is so vivid in my mind.

Chris said...

Wow, you have captured this beautifully. I think of all the times I've sat in the car while it rains, and now of your moment as well, and they are very powerful images.