The breeze against my skin urges me forward. My glistening skin shimmers as the last of the sun's warmth dives into the deep blue. I glance over my shoulder to witness the molten sun melting into a pool of shimmering liquid. I want that!
I am awakened to new thoughts, feelings, dreams and hopes. I remember days of sad tears when I thought they would erode my soul and leave me forever hollow like the bark of an empty tree that has long since withered by a bolt of lightening that struck its core.
I feel like that same lightening bolt has hit me. The blow was not fatal - I have not withered, I have not deterioated into nothingness. Instead a silent strength now pulses through my veins. I have discovered an element of power I'd never known before. The light is a new beginning, where light meets darkness and neither of the two have won. They coexist happily and peacefully.
It's not about winning, it's about living. It's not about judging, it's about accepting. It's not about losing, it's about gaining.
This past year was a year of gathering precious memories... some of them beautiful some of them sad. They have all been gathered by me - I created some, others had fallen across my path unexpectadly, the sad ones have made me stronger and the happy ones are the good ones I will cherish forever.
I turn around with a happy smile to step into a new year and to take a new path..one that has not been trodden before. I'll call it my desire path - where I will only listen to what my heart wants...it will respect my desire to wear out a new path, a new beginning.

2 comments:
and then our feet seek the familiar of yesterday again...
together you and i can walk both paths and be companions. we can do this because we both understand and because we can be gentle with one another.
Amen to that.
Lovely image, as always :)
Post a Comment